ICD - INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORAY DANCE PROGRAM
NOD’s 2022/23 ICD Program AUDITIONS are now open
Deadline: Until we have space
WHY TO STUDY AT NOD?
ICD Program is the only program where every week for 11 months a year, dancers switch styles, repertory and guest artists and choreographers that come from the greatest companies in the world.
Guest artists and choreographers that come from the greatest companies in the world introduce their own movement practice and research: this means that participants must be able to change movement quality every week and use different skills that are required. Being curious through new perspective is essential to reach a good level of availability in performance. This means to discover different ways to move the body and to express your own creativity and personality as an artist.
The NOD International Contemporary Dance Program is considered a "professional experience" for dance students who are already trained and are on a path to become professional. The goal is to provide tools to young dancers to approach the major and current repertoires, continuously update themselves and to increase one's awareness in order to be prepared for a future path in the contemporary dance world.
REPERTOIRES AT NOD
The ICD Program provides teachers from major European and international companies, exploring the most important current contemporary repertoires like, Batsheva Dance Company, Sharon Eyal, Hofesh Shechter, Crystal Pite, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Bryan Arias,Ivgy & Greben etc.
Students will explore different movements in intensive sessions with the best freelance dancers and choreographers from the international scene: Bobbi Jene Smith, Dor Mamalia, Tom Weinberger, Andrea Costanzo Martini, Ella Rothschild, Doron Raz, Erez Zohar, Yaniv Abraham, Spenser Theberge, Erion Kruja, Keren Rosenberg, Doug Letheren, Sita Ostheimer, Phil Hulford, Bryan Arias, Jermaine Spivey, Guy Shomroni, Inaki Azpillaga, Michael Loehr, Shahar Binyamini, Chiara Mezzadri, Pedro Goucha Gomes, Guy Shomroni, Dario Dinuzzi, Dario Rigaglia, James Finnemore, Noa Zuk, Yaniv Abraham, Sharon Vazanna, Pau Aran Gimeno, Luca Signoretti, Damiano Bigi and more..
Gaga classes are conducted by licensed teachers among the Batsheva dancers.
WHO IS AIMED AT THE PROGRAM
The International Contemporary Dance Program is open to dance students aged 18 and up, with a strong contemporary and ballet technique. The ICD Program is indicated for professional dancers, teachers, selected dance academies with students that are in their final year that need to fulfil an internship for 3 months and dancers that are highly motivated and interested in the NOD program.
ICD Program is directed to professional dancers, teachers, selected dance academies with students that are in their final year that need to complete and deepen their training by addressing the most current repertoires, it is a real immersion in updating and researching contemporary dance, for 3/4 months or even longer. Dancers who apply must be highly motivated and interested in the NOD program.
Please note that English is the language used during all the workshops
HOW THE PROGRAM IS DIVIDED
The ICD program is divided in 3 trimesters:
1st trimester - August 23 / December 19
2st trimester - January 5 / March 31
3rd trimester - April 3 / June 30
At the end of the trimester an attendance certificate will be furnished. (In case of scholarship, attendance is mandatory 95% in order to receive the certificate)
The ICD program can also be individually constructed upon need and interest. For example participating only in individual worshops, attending for a month, trimester or year.
Classes will be held generally from 9 am - 2 pm.
HOW TO APPLY
To register, fill out the form and insert two videos, both no more than 1 min. each (2 min. max. in total - Vimeo or Youtube NO password)
The first of you improvising and the second of you performing a learned choreography.
Please also include a short bio
Alternatively send all material to email@example.com
Second step: during the selection process could include a Zoom video interview.
If accepted, your application will be considered completed and your spot reserved only after making the non-refundable deposit payment of 555 euros.
Please Note: The deposit is not refundable under any circumstances on your part, including changing your mind for any reason.
For reasons on NOD's part, please inquire here.
WHERE WE ARE
- If you are aged between 18 and 25 years and you are interested to get the scholarship click here
- Schedule of Academic Year 2022/23 (It will be published by the end of May)
- Information fee click here
- To apply new Academic Year 2021/22 click here
Is to provide tools to young dancers to approach the major and current repertoires, continously update themselves and to increase one's awareness in order to be prepared for a future path in the contemporary dance world. This specific education will enable them to enter auditions in a much more prepared way with a new and higher skill level
Thanks to careful administration we are pleased to give scholarships, 1 being at 100% and the rest at 50% available for each entire period.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION ?
Membership fee payment of € 55,00 including insurance card valid until the 30 august 2022
A copy of a Medical Certificate stating that you are in good health to take part in the dance course / or to do physical activity. In accordance with the current Italian laws we need a copy of a current medical certificate stating that you are in good health, before the trimester starting date. In the case of residency abroad, you will be asked to have a medical certificate issued by an Italian doctor here upon your arrival in September, stating that you are in good health. We will manage a visit for you on your arrival, this will be at your expense.
N.O.D reserves the rights of any filming, photo and audio taken during the dance courses with any type of equipment (camera, video camcorder, phone etc.).
Monetary fees or any other contributions made by the associate in order to take part in any N.O.D A.s.d program will be non-refundable. The association commits to ensure regular lessons, providing a possible replacement for teachers, in case of absences for justified causes.
For particular situations regarding the replacement of any teachers for whatever reason, it is at the total discretion of the organization in making any adjustments or changes. This will be immediately communicated. With this being said, this will not be considered grounds for any type of refund requests.
If you cannot make a lesson or lessons during workshops or a master class or normal lessons provided, exclusively for reasons attributable to the organization, it is the obligation of the organization to return the full amount paid for participation.
The membership card is nominal and not transferable, for this reason it can be revoked.
It is the associate’s responsibility, to report any changes regarding (address, email or phone numbers).
General regulation of the ICD - International Contemporary Dance program at NOD
1- The Admission
The Nuova Officina della Danza A.s.d.. reserves the right to accept, at its sole discretion, the application forms, and ensure the subsequent admission to the course required.
Registration is considered complete only after
The registration form is completely filled out, signed and emailed back prior to handing it in by hand upon arrival
Providing a medical certificate from your doctor stating that you are in good health stating the date your last electrocardiogram for dance activity.
Only after that time the applicant can be considered enrolled in the course and only from then on do mutual obligations begin between the two parties.
2. Educational organization
- The courses are held at the headquarters of the school, or other venues, chosen by Nuova Officina della Danza A.s.d.
- For the purpose of a more efficient teaching organization, the school reserves the right to make changes at any time on the selection of teachers, the headquarters, the dates and times of the courses.
- La Nuova Officina della Danza also reserves the right, if the number of enrolled in a course does not reach the number of students required, to cancel the course, within three days before the start date.
3. Frequency (same rules valid for scholarship holders and non)
- At the end of the course a certificate will be released, only to those who have been present at least 95% of the total hours.
- Absences must be justified by a doctor in case of illness for more then 3 days. In the event of absences due to participation of auditions, 2 week prior communication is mandatory.
- To avoid that the scholarship and 3 month program loses its value, there will only and exclusively be allowed no more than 6 days of absence, due to participation for auditions. The scholarship can be revoked at the discretion of the Artistic Direction for this reason.
- The prerequisite after being accepted into the program is 95% attendance. This means that you are interested in every week of the program. You are not allowed to pick and chose which weeks to attend, as this is disruptive in many ways to the group and the teachers expecting a certain number of students in the class. If you are not interested in every week of the 3-month program due to outside obligations of any kind than this is not the best option for you and you must pick another alternative to the trimester option as you are taking a valuable spot for someone else who is indeed interested in the entire program.
- The trimester is not to be considered as individual lessons or master classes or a monthly session but a “Program” with a valid and valuable intensive step-by-step constructive and consecutive path that guides you through a 3-month period. Choosing the 3-month program should not be done just for economic savings, thinking that you can come and go, but it is an advantage to those who guarantee at least 95% attendance and are serious about their training and have made a commitment. This program is to support and help grow aspiring dancers for a future career exposing them to numerous renowned artists close at hand. Your seriousness is mandatory for this program.
- For any reason you can’t attend a class, it is mandatory that you communicate this ahead of time with a valid reason.
4. Exclusion from courses
The Nuova Officina della Danza reserves the right and it’s at the sole discretion of the organization to exclude anyone among its members, due to negative behavior that prevents or disturbs the smooth running and operation of any course. This rule also applies to scholarship holders.
5. Payment methods
- The payment for the course is carried out in a lump sum upon confirmation of the class, or first payment five days prior of the course starting, and second payment by the end of the first month from the starting date, as shown on the enrolment forms.
- Fees will be paid strictly by bank transfer and no other form of payment will be accepted.
- Any delay in payment of the agreed amount will be reason for exclusion of the member from the course without any right to have a refund for any amount already paid.
If by reason of Act of God, beyond the control of either party, the workshop/s set out above are cancelled, exclusively for reasons attributable to the organization, it is the obligation of the organization itself, repay the entire amount paid for participation.
If you cancel, we regret that Nuova Officina della danza Asd cannot make any refunds. Please make sure that you can make the dates